Our 12-year-old cat Garbo died from cancer last week. I wrote about her in my 18 July 2007 blog entry. We buried her in the backyard and held a small family ceremony. Jessica sang the prayer of St. Francis using the tune by Sarah McLachlan
- Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
- where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- where there is injury, pardon;
- where there is doubt, faith;
- where there is despair, hope;
- where there is darkness, light;
- and where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love;
- for it is in giving that we receive,
- it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Garbo’s litter mate Valentino and our whole family miss her. Tino knows there is something wrong, someone missing, and he keeps hunting around and crying. We are spending a great deal of time comforting Tino.
Images Copyright 2006-2007 by John Plocher