The SAMA (St. Andrew’s Medical Assistance) auction and dinner will be held this Sunday, 22 February 2008. The fund raising event will be held at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church Hall, starting with a silent auction at 5 pm, followed by a Middle Eastern Feast and live auction.
Tickets are $30/adult – $15/child – $100/family (pay at the door)
All are welcome!
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
13601 Saratoga Ave. Saratoga, California 95070 USA
SAMA exists to provide hope and healing to a hurting world. SAMA raises support annually through the annual Middle Eastern Feast and Auction, Christmas Crafts sale, and other fund raisers.
Ongoing Medical Programs SAMA supports in the Holy Land include:
- Ahli Arab Hospital (the only Christian hospital in Gaza)
- The Four Homes of Mercy (a home for the severely disabled based in Jerusalem)
SAMA also supports health programs in Africa:
- In 2008, SAMA supported St. Mary’s Hospital in Odibo, Namibia. St. Mary’s is an Anglican-supported hospital for which SAMA provided linens for 50 beds as well as funding expansion of their birth delivery room from one bed to two.
- In 2008, SAMA also supported the Chiedza Clinic, in Harare, Zimbabwe. The clinic is part of the Chiezda child care center which serves perhaps 300 kids, many of whom are HIV positive, and their families.
- As part of St. Andrew’s 50th anniversary celebration in 2007, SAMA raised
almost $5,000 which (in conjunction with Episcopal Relief and Development) purchased 965 specially-treated mosquito nets to prevent malaria in Africa
- to see the draft (Feb 19) auction catalog (PDF format).
There may be some changes in the published catalog version.
22 February 2009 – Live Auction Items
|Item # 2004||Caboose Brunch
– by John Plocher – Brunch for six in a private 1916 historic railroad caboose (Western Pacific Feather River Railway WP668) in
Willow Glen, San Jose.
|Item # 2005||Wine – 1964 Treasure from Louis M. Martini
– Martini Family wine collection – 1964 Special Selection Cabernet Sauvignon. This was a very good year – well known for excellence.
|Item # 2006||Wine – 1959 Treasure from Louis M. Martini
– Martini Family wine collection – 1959 Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. A sleeper year but now one of the best. Delicious!
|Item # 2007||Rabbit Etching by Eleanor Creekmore Dickinson
– Original delicate and realistic black and white etching of two rabbits by famous San Francisco artist Eleanor Creekmore Dickinson. “Edward Hopper and Walter Hopps” 1983 14″x17″ framed with glass.
|Item # 2008||Private Flight Plus Brunch
– Private flight plus lunch. Experienced Palo Alto pilot
Charles Jackson of the
Shoreline Flying Club will be your host for 2 hours in a 4 seat
Cessna 182 Skylane II. Want to tour the San Francisco Bay and see the
Golden Gate Bridge from the air? Here’s your chance!
|Item # 2010||Middle Eastern Dinner
– Middle Eastern Dinner for eight on a date after March 2009 that works for both cook and auction item winner.
|Item # 2012||Case of Wine – 2006 Soquel Vineyards Partner’s Reserve
– 2006 Soquel Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Partner’s Reserve case of wine (12 bottles) from the Garvey Family Vineyard in the Napa Valley
|Item # 2013||Exquisite Designer Necklace by
– Necklace by Erin Mac who designs jewelry for the Hollywood Oscar event – Veridian Art Deco Venetian Master-Cut Briolette with an 18k White Gold and Diamond Enhancer on a Stainless Steel Cable with a 14k yellow gold lobster clasp. From the House of Erin MacGeraghty fine jewelry and watches.
Images Copyright 2008-2009 by Katy Dickinson, John Plocher, Charles Jackson, Eleanor Dickinson, Patricia Martini, Erin Mac