I am delighted to announce that WP668, our 1916 backyard caboose, is now fully signed off! The City of San Jose building inspector came, saw, signed and left this morning. After almost three years of working with the city, we are done – hooray!
Other WP668 news – at Sunday’s successful SAMA auction at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, we sold a caboose brunch which will be cooked by John Plocher. This popular item was offered for the second year at the charity fund raising event. SAMA is a major outreach program for St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church (Saratoga, California). Auction money goes to support medical programs in the Holy Land and Africa. For details, see the SAMA web page.
Work in progress on WP668:
- Welding cleanup and metal coating for the stair railing
- Install roof walk, attach it to existing ladders
- Install bay window seat
- Restore the rest of the windows (1 done, 5 to go)
- Complete the back deck and step woodwork (steel is done)
- Restore brake rigging and wheels
- Reattach and restore battery box
- Restore (replace?) the doors
WP668 Electrical Plan
John Plocher installing the wiring
Photos Copyright 2008-2009 by Katy Dickinson
31 March 2020: updated photos, links, and text