My 16-year-old son Paul is researching learning games for me to pass on to Studio 17, the after-school program where I volunteer at Santa Maria Urban Ministry (inner San Jose, CA). These computer games are free and educational (more or less) but are also fun to play. I started publishing this list on April 23, 2009.
The two “Pandemic” games below require a very dark sense of humor since the player takes the part of an evolving deadly virus killing humanity in a world pandemic. However, the game does give the player an unnerving understanding of how diseases move and change.
- Maverick very basic graphics but interesting physics (dated 1981)
- Pandemic Game be a deadly new virus evolving worldwide
- Pandemic 2 an improved version of the Pandemic Game
- Tetri Tower a physics building game
- Two Rooms two linked mazes
16 February 2014 – links updated