9/16/2015 update: Several of the documents in “Mentoring in a Box” have been updated and are available by Mentoring Standard.
For several months, Everwise has been developing “Mentoring in a Box” materials, to present best practices and structure for small mentoring programs. Some of the content is original to me, other materials were created by Everwise President Collin Schiller and the team. Other sources include TechWomen Emerging Leader Seham Al Jaafreh (from Jordan), and material adapted from my Sun Labs Technical Report “Sun Mentoring: 1996-2009”.
To get “Mentoring in a Box” free:
- Sign up using the Mentoring in a Box Registration (registration allows Everwise to follow up with updates)
- Once you have had a chance to review “Mentoring in a Box” material, Please take this short survey so Everwise knows how to improve.
Everwise “Mentoring in a Box” contents:
- Mentoring in a Box: Read Me First (PDF)
- Everwise Partnership Kickoff Guide (PDF)
- Everwise Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Metrics Tracking Spreadsheet Template (Must Be Copied to Use)
- Mentoring in a Box – Mentoring Program Manager – Resources (folder)
- 5.1 Mentoring Program Manager – Overview and Contents (PDF)
- 5.2 Mentoring Program Manager – Basic Guidance (PDF)
- 5.3 Mentoring Program Manager – Templates and Samples – Letters and Emails (Must Be Copied to Use)
- 5.4 Template: Kickoff Call Agenda, Presentation Contents (Must Be Copied to Use)
- 5.5 Everwise Mentoring in a Box, Sample Spreadsheet: Protege Roster (Must Be Copied to Use)
- 5.6 Template: Pilot Program Candidate Selection (Must Be Copied to Use)
- 5.7 Sample Pilot Results Report (PDF)
- Everwise: Mentor Recruitment (PDF). 9/16/2015: an updated version has been published by Mentoring Standard.
- Expert Mentoring Advice: Best Practices / Worst Practices (PDF). 9/16/2015: an updated version has been published by Mentoring Standard.
- Everwise: Mentoring vs. Coaching vs. Sponsorship (PDF). 9/16/2015: an updated version has been published by Mentoring Standard.
More materials will be added as they are developed. Suggestions and your comments are most welcome!
Links updated 13 June 2020