Since arriving in Tunis on Friday, I have had two excellent Tunisian meals (and too much disappointing hotel “food”). The first memorable meal was lunch at a small roadside restaurant where we ate grilled lamb and chicken spiced with rosemary, with a salad of roasted green peppers with olives, and Khobz Tabouna bread.
- green pepper salad with olives, egg, and tuna
- fresh crusty baguette-shaped bread
- mixed green salad with vegetables and meat
- couscous with vegetables and lamb and egg and garbanzo beans and raisins
- lamb frittata (called a tagine – but very different from the Moroccan dish of that name)
- fruit and sweets
- green tea with mint and pine nuts
Delicious! I am looking forward to tasting more lovely dishes during my week here with the TechWomen Delegation (but I am avoiding the tasty but very hot red harissa chili pepper paste).
Images Copyright 2015 by Katy Dickinson