- Mentorship Advice: Katy Dickinson, Mentoring Standard
- Professional Mentor: Roojuta Lalani, Salesforce
- Impact Coach: Kiko Smith, Twitter
- Cultural Mentor: Jennifer Gieber, Glassdoor
Some of our advice:
- Katy: Look for long term success, this is a personal relationship in a professional setting
- Roojuta: Be flexible, make introductions, find people to help
- Jennifer: Create handouts for events, give good directions with pictures, be flexible, reach out to other mentors
- Kiko: Provide resources, help the group find value in each other, encourage teamwork, stay focused, show up and listen
I also offered my five best questions:
- What problem are you solving? (define the challenge)
- How do you know when you are done? (success/completion metrics)
- Who is your customer? (target audience)
- What is your data? (quantification)
- What difference will it make? (impact)
These are on my Mentoring Standard website
I was proud to attend this event with my Co-Mentor and daughter, Jessica Dickinson Goodman. She is a Country Coach for Palestine and I am a Country Coach for Algeria this year.
If you want to receive Katysblog posts by email, please sign up using the Sign Me Up! button (upper right).
Images Copyright 2019 by Katy Dickinson – with thanks to Jessica Dickinson Goodman.