May this blessed Christmas season bring you and your family joy! It has been a busy Christmas, starting even before I turned in my last (16 and 18 page) term papers at the Graduate Theological Union. So far, our adventures have included:
- Reading Charles Dickens‘ “A Christmas Carol. In Prose. Being a Ghost Story of Christmas” aloud with my Shakespeare Reading Group
- Hosting the Silicon Valley Lines and John‘s train club lunch group’s annual holiday party
- Dinner with my Education for Ministry class, after the Bethlehem pageant at Santa Clara First Baptist Church
- Lunch with the Interfaith Speakers of the Islamic Networks Group
- Shopping in Chinatown, San Francisco, with Sally Hambridge and Paul
- Receiving my certificate of appreciation from the US State Department for being a TechWomen 2019 mentor for Team Algeria (my 10th year as a citizen diplomat with TechWomen!)
- Dickens Christmas Fair day of music, high tea, and shopping with Jessica and Paul (including buying an amazing Christmas candle)
- Seeing the new Star Wars movie with John, Matthew, Jessica, and Paul
- Cheering on Paul for finishing the many Christmas orders for his reclaimed hardwood cutting boards
- Sitting with John and his teen video crew recording the Christmas Eve service at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
- Bringing services to two Elmwood jail dorms with John on Christmas Day (on behalf of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church and the Correctional Institutions Chaplaincy)
- Enjoying family, food, and gifts with John, Jessica, Matthew, and Paul at home on Christmas Day!
If you want to receive Katysblog posts by email, please sign up using the Sign Me Up! button (upper right).
Images Copyright 2019 by Katy Dickinson.